The Risk Management Unit is responsible for reducing the frequency of preventable accidents, minimizing the CDC’s loss of resources and controlling liability costs.
Risk Management oversees efforts to create and maintain a peaceful and safe environment for employees and visitors through administration of the following programs:
* Safety and Security Programs;
* Insurance and Contracting Programs;
* Special Events;
* Americans with Disabilities Act Awareness and Compliance;
* Legal Exposure Reduction;
* Workers’ Compensation Programs; and
* Employee Safety and Awareness Training.